D.O.B. 23 Mar 1980
Lives Pontycymmer, Mid Glamorgan
Turned Pro 1999
Highest Tournament Break 145 - World Championship (Qrd) 2004
- Day reached the quarter-finals or beyond on seven occasions across the 2015/16 season.
- He beat the likes of Kyren Wilson and Mark Selby to make the final of the 2015 Bulgarian Open, he was denied the title by Mark Allen in a 4-0 defeat.
- The Welshman then progressed to the quarter-finals of the 2016 German Masters and World Grand Prix, beating John Higgins in the latter before losing 4-2 to Stuart Bingham.
- He secured a place at the crucible with a 10-6 win over Ken Doherty in World Championship qualifying, but lost 10-3 to John Higgins in the opening round at the ‘theatre of dreams’.
- Day reached the quarter-finals of the 2015 German Masters, beating four players including Ding Junhui, before losing 5-4 to Liang Wenbo.
- He made the first official 147 break of his career at the 2014 Haining Open Asian Tour event.
- In 2012, Day enjoyed a fine run to the World quarter-finals. He recovered a 9-6 deficit to beat Ding Junhui 10-9 in the first round in Sheffield. A 13-7 victory over Cao Yupeng then took him to the last eight, where his run was ended by Matthew Stevens.
- Day has reached three ranking finals but is still waiting for his first major trophy. He made the final of the 2008 Grand Prix in Glasgow, beating the likes of Mark Selby and Ali Carter, before a 9-7 defeat against home favourite John Higgins.
- In 2007 he reached the final of the Malta Cup and the Shanghai Masters. Wins over Tony Drago, Ian McCulloch, Matthew Stevens and Graeme Dott set up a clash with countryman Dominic Dale in China. However Day squandered a 6-2 lead to lose 10-6 and hand the ‘Spaceman’ the title.