DOB 08 Aug 1983
Lives Oslo, Norway
Turned Pro 2001
Highest Tournament Break 147 - Players Tour Championship event one, 2010 and event five 2012
- Maflin’s best run of the 2015/16 season saw him reach the last 16 of the 2016 German Masters. He beat Marco Fu in the last 32, before losing to Belgium’s Luca Brecel.
- He also came close to reaching the tournament stages at the 2016 World Championships. He won his first two games, but was denied by Robert Milkins in the final qualifying round in a 10-7 defeat.
- In 2014/15 Maflin made the semi-finals of the China Open, beating the likes of Shaun Murphy and Ali Carter. He was denied a place in the final by Mark Selby.
- He then went on to qualify for the World Championship and was again pitted against Selby. The Norwegian eventually lost 10-9 in an intense match.
- Maflin reached the semi-finals of the PTC Grand Final in 2013, beating the likes of Ken Doherty and Ben Woollaston. However, he lost to eventual champion Ding Junhui.
- In 2010 he made a 147 in Players Tour Championship event one against Poland’s Michal Zielinski and he’ll go down in the record books as the first player to make a maximum in the PTC series.
- The London born player lives in Oslo with ladies player Anita Rizutti and their son Neon. Kurt and Anita played in the same team for Norway at the 2015 World Cup in China.