D.O.B. 25 Jul 1979
Lives Chelmsford, Essex
Turned Pro 1996
Highest Tournament Break 147 - World Snooker Championship 2008
- 4 Ranking event wins: 2009 Welsh Open, 2010 Shanghai Masters, 2013 German Masters, 2016 World Open
- Carter won his fourth ranking event title at the 2016 World Open. His run to the final included a 5-0 whitewash of four-time World Champion John Higgins. He defeated Joe Perry 10-8 in the final. It was Carter's first ranking title since returning to the tour after defeating cancer for the second time.
- 2015/16 was Carter’s first season back after his second bout of cancer. He fittingly returned to the winner’s podium at the 2015 Paul Hunter Classic, the event named after the snooker star who died of Cancer in 2006. Carter beat the likes of Aditya Mehta, Mark Williams and Michael Holt to reach the final where he defeated 2005 world champion Shaun Murphy.
- Having successfully beaten testicular cancer in 2013, he received the devastating news in May 2014 that he had Lung cancer. However, after once again showing incredible determination, he came through several months of treatment including chemotherapy. Carter has also suffered from Crohns disease since 2003.
- He enjoyed one of the sweetest moments in his career in January 2013 when he won the German Masters in Berlin. He came from 5-3 down to beat Marco Fu 9-6 in the final and win his third ranking title.
- In 2012 he reached the final of the World Championship for a second time. At the Crucible he knocked out Mark Davis, Judd Trump, Jamie Jones and Stephen Maguire. He went out 18-11 to Ronnie O’Sullivan.
- In 2010 Carter won the Shanghai Masters, beating the likes of Matthew Stevens and Mark Selby before battling to a 10-7 victory over Jamie Burnett in the final.
- The 2008 World Championship saw Carter reach his first ranking final and make his first competitive 147 break. He beat the likes of Shaun Murphy and Joe Perry on his way to the final, but succumbed to an 18-8 defeat against Ronnie O’Sullivan.