Turned pro: 1991
Highest Tournament Break 142 - 2000 China Open
- Swail reached the last 16 of the 2015 UK Championship, winning four matches before going out against Martin Gould.
- He also went on a run to the semi-finals of the Snooker Shoot-Out in Reading, beating Anthony McGill and Robert Milkins along the way, before suffering defeat against Luca Brecel.
- Swail climbed into the world’s top 64 after some fine results during the 2014/15 season.
- His best run took him to the last 16 of the International Championship in China. He won four matches, including a 6-5 defeat of Neil Robertson, before losing 6-4 to eventual champion Ricky Walden.
- The Northern Irishman made the first ranking event final of his career at the Welsh Open in 2009, beating the likes of Stephen Maguire and Neil Robertson on the way. Swail led 5-2 in the final, but lost seven frames on the bounce as Ali Carter took the title.
- Nicknamed the Outlaw- a nod to the classic 1976 western The Outlaw Josey Wales- Swail appeared in nine ranking event semi-finals before his first final.
- He made the World Championship last four at the Crucible in 2000 and 2001 where he was beaten by Matthew Stevens and Ronnie O’Sullivan.