D.O.B. 22 Feb 1986
Turned Pro 2005
Highest Tournament Break 146 twice
- 3 Ranking event wins: 2012 World Open, 2013 World Open, 2016 Players Championship Grand Final
- Allen secured his third ranking title at the 2016 Players Championship Grand Final. After defeating Shaun Murphy 6-4 in a tight semi-final, Allen saw off Ricky Walden 10-6 to claim the title.
- His other victory during the 2015/16 season came at the 2015 Bulgarian Open where he whitewashed Ryan Day 4-0 in the final.
- The Northern Irishman also reached the final of the 2015 Champion of Champions after defeats of Barry Hawkins, Stephen Maguire and Kyren Wilson. He was denied the trophy by Neil Robertson, who ran out a 10-5 winner.
- Allen went on a great run during the first half of the 2014/15 campaign, reaching four finals in quick succession. He was runner-up to Mark Selby at the Riga Open, then won the next European Tour event, beating Judd Trump 4-2 in the final of the Paul Hunter Classic. He went on to lose 10-3 to Stuart Bingham in the final of the Shanghai Masters.
- He won back to back European Tour events during the 2013/14 season, beating Ding Junhui in the final of the Ruhr Open in Germany and Judd Trump in the final of the Kay Suzanne Memorial Cup in Gloucester.
- In 2011, Allen enjoyed a run to the final of the UK Championship, beating the likes of Ali Carter and Ricky Walden to reach his first ranking final. He put up a real fight against Judd Trump in one of the best matches of the season, but fell by a 10-8 scoreline.
- Allen was superb at the 2009 World Championships as he reached the semi-finals, scoring a brilliant 13-11 victory over Ronnie O’Sullivan, before beating Ryan Day. He lost out at the single table semi-final stage to eventual winner John Higgins.
- The most gifted player to emerge from Northern Ireland since the days of Dennis Taylor and Alex Higgins, Allen won the European and World amateur titles before turning pro.
- He is an excellent golfer and has scored rounds under par.