D.O.B. 23 Apr 1979
Lives Ditton, Kent
Turned Pro 1996
Highest Tournament Break 147
- 2 Ranking event wins: 2012 Australian Open, 2014 Players Championship Grand Final
- Hawkins had a memorable 2016 World Championships, an event where he has shown incredible consistency down the years. A fantastic last 16 performance saw him beat Ronnie O’Sullivan for the first time at the Crucible and only the second time in his career. The ‘Hawk’ held his nerve in a final frame decider to claim a 13-12 victory. In the quarter-final he mounted a magnificent fightback from 9-1 down against Marco Fu, to move to 12-11 behind. It proved to be a bridge too far though as the Hong Kong man came through.
- He started the 2015/16 in the perfect manner with victory at the Riga Open. Hawkins took the crown home thanks to a 4-1 win over Tom Ford in the final.
- At the 2015 World Championship Hawkins reached his third consecutive semi-final. He made four centuries during an epic 13-12 quarter-final victory over Neil Robertson. Hawkins faced Shaun Murphy in the last four and suffered a 17-9 defeat.
- In April 2014, Hawkins won the Players Championship at the Guild Hall in Preston. It was the second world ranking title of his career and landed him a cheque for £100,000.
- At the World Championship he once again made the last four, however he was denied a place in the final by Ronnie O’Sullivan.
- Hawkins went one better a year earlier in 2013. He went on a magnificent run to reach the final after a 17-14 win over Ricky Walden in the last four. He lost out in a high quality affair in the final as O’Sullivan claimed a fifth world title after an 18-12 win.
- His first ranking event victory came at the 2012 Australian Open. Hawkins recorded a comprehensive 9-3 victory over Peter Ebdon to take the crown.