EverGrande 2017 China Championship
Turned pro: 2012
- Hossein got his 2015/16 season off to a fantastic start reaching the last 32 of the 2015 Australian Open.
- He also made the last 64 of the Shanghai Masters, beating Alfie Burden and Anthony Hamilton before losing to Joe Swail 5-4.
- Hossein became World Under-21 Champion in May 2014, making a 147 in the semi-finals before beating Josh Boileau 8-3 in the final.
- He qualified for the main tour for the first time in 2012/13 and became the first Iranian to compete on snooker’s pro circuit.
- The talented cueman from Abadan won the IBSF World Amateur Championship in December 2011, beating Welshman Lee Walker 10-9 in the final.