D.O.B. 29 Dec 1971
Turned Pro 1992
Highest Tournament Break 145 - UK Championship 1999
- 2 ranking event wins: 1997 Grand Prix, 2007 Shanghai Masters
- Dale’s best run of the 2015/16 season saw him reach the last 8 of the Gibraltar Open. He secured back to back 4-3 victories over Tian Pengfei and Kyren Wilson, before losing out to Marco Fu 4-1 at the quarter-final stage.
- The Welshman also secured a fantastic 4-3 win over compatriot Mark Williams at the 2016 Players Championship Grand Finals. He was then defeated by Shaun Murphy in the last 16.
- In 2014 Dale claimed the £32,000 top prize by winning the Shoot-Out in Blackpool. He beat the likes of Barry Hawkins and Mark Allen to reach the final before seeing off Stuart Bingham to secure the trophy.
- In the same year he reached the quarter-finals of the World Championship for the second time in his career, beating Mark Davis and Michael Wasley before going out against Barry Hawkins who held off a magnificent comeback from Dale, where he pulled within one frame at 12-11 having been previously 11-5 down.
- Dale secured his second ranking title victory with a sensational win at the 2007 Shanghai Masters, beating the likes of Ken Doherty and Mark Selby to reach the final where he came back from 6-2 down to beat practice partner Ryan Day 10-6.
- He caused a major upset winning the 1997 Grand Prix in Bournemouth, defeating John Higgins 9-6 in the final.
- Known for his colourful personality, Dale collects rare snooker memorabilia and is a trained operatic singer.