D.O.B. 28 Mar 1974
Lives Braintree, Essex
Turned Pro 1991
Highest Tournament Break 146
- King had a successful 2015/16 campaign, reaching three quarter-finals and a semi-final. At the 2016 China Open he won five matches, including wins over Ali Carter and Shaun Murphy, to reach the last-eight where he lost to Judd Trump
- The Romford potter made the semi-final of Paul Hunter Classic seeing off the likes of Kyren Wilson and Jamie Jones, before losing a final frame decider against Shaun Murphy.
- The season ended in disappointment for King as he agonisingly missed out on a Crucible place, losing 10-8 to Michael Holt in the final round of World Championship qualifying.
- At the 2013 World Championship, King registered a shock at the Crucible with a superb 10-8 defeat of Mark Allen. In the last 16 he threatened another surprise when he led Ding Junhui 6-2, but eventually lost 13-9.
- King’s first ranking final was the 1997 Welsh Open when he accounted for the likes of Steve Davis and Mark Williams, but lost 9-2 to Stephen Hendry.
- The second was the 2004 Irish Masters when he embarked on a giant-killing run with wins over Hendry, Jimmy White, Graeme Dott and local favourite Ken Doherty. But Peter Ebdon denied him the silverware with a 10-7 success.
- King briefly took to the ring in a three-round boxing contest which he lost against Quinten Hann at the infamous Pot Whack in London in 2004.