D.O.B. 11 Nov 1982
Turned Pro 2000
Ranking Tournament Victories 2 - Shanghai Masters 2008, Wuxi Classic 2012
Money list earnings 2012/13 + 2013/14: £296,860
Highest Tournament Break 147 - PTC event 2011
- 3 Ranking event wins: 2008 Shanghai Masters, 2012 Wuxi Classic, 2014 International Championship
- Walden ended the 2015/16 season strongly, reaching two finals in a row, although he was unable to convert either into silverware
- The Chester potter beat the likes of Stuart Bingham and John Higgins on his way to the final of the 2016 China Open. He was then denied the trophy by Judd Trump who defeated Walden 10-4.
- In the event prior to that, the Players Championship Grand Final, Walden beat Tom Ford, Marco Fu, Ali Carter and Barry Hawkins on a run to the final. Despite leading 3-1 in the early stages against Mark Allen, it was the Northern Irishman who claimed the title with a 10-6 win.
- Unquestionably the highlight of Walden’s 2014/15 season was victory at the International Championship. Up against Allen in the final in China, Walden made breaks of 85, 103 and 63 in the final three frames to win 10-7 and bank the £125,000 top prize.
- Walden claimed his second ranking title at the 2012 Wuxi Classic. He defeated Stuart Bingham 10-4 in the final, despite a 147 from his opponent.
- Having never previously won a match at the Crucible, Walden produced his finest ever showing on the World Championship stage in 2012. He knocked out Michael Holt, Robert Milkins and Michael White to reach the last four. Walden then looked set for the final when he led Barry Hawkins 6-2, but eventually lost 17-14.
- Walden became a ranking winner for the first time in 2008 with a sensational performance at the Shanghai Masters, beating some of the game’s all-time greats to take the crown. The Chester potter knocked out Stephen Hendry, Neil Robertson, Steve Davis and Mark Selby to set up a final clash with Ronnie O’Sullivan. He played brilliantly to register one of the shocks of the season, winning 10-8.
- Walden is a keen Liverpool fan and often visits Anfield to watch the 2005 European Champions.
- He Married Natalie, his girlfriend since 2010, at New York City Hall in 2014.