D.O.B. 29 Jun 1971
Lives Muswell Hill, London
Turned Pro 1991
Highest Tournament Break 145 - World Championship 1995
- Hamilton regained his tour card for the 2016/17 season through his European Tour Order of Merit ranking.
- The Sheriff of Pottingham reached the last 32 of the Gdynia Open and the Gibraltar Open in 2015/16
- He has suffered from a neck injury in recent years which has impacted on his ability to compete at the top level.
- Hamilton reached the semi-finals of the Welsh Open in 2009 beating Mark Selby along the way before going out against Ali Carter.
- Known as one of the most accomplished break-builders in the sport and a member of a select band of players to have made 100 centuries, Hamilton has appeared in two ranking event finals.
- He has reached four crucible quarter finals. The most recent of which was in 2007, where he beat Marco Fu and Ian McCulloch before losing to Steven Maguire.