D.O.B. 13 Dec 1977
Turned Pro 1995
Highest Tournament Break 147 - Welsh Open 2007
- The European Tour events in 2015/16 proved to be fruitful for Higginson. The Englishman reached the last 32 on two occasions, twice made the last 16 stage and went on a run to the semi-final of the 2016 Gdynia Open. He beat the likes of Tian Pengfei and Mark King in Poland, before losing out to eventual winner Mark Selby.
- Higginson also beat John Higgins and Martin Gould on a run to the quarter-finals of the one-frame Snooker Shoot-Out in Reading.
- The 2011/12 season was the best of Higginson’s career so far, as he won his first professional title and climbed to 18th place in the world rankings.
- He went all the way to a £10,000 prize at Sheffield in PTC5, beating John Higgins 4-1 in the final.
- Higginson enjoyed a phenomenal run to the final of the Welsh Open in 2007, starting the event as a 500-1 outsider. On his way he defeated the likes of John Higgins, Ali Carter and Stephen Maguire. He also made his first maximum break against Carter which earned him a £22,000 bonus. In the final he remarkably recovered from 6-2 down against Neil Robertson, to lead 8-6 but the Australian took the last three frames to snatch the title.