D.O.B. 26 Mar 1971
Lives Wellingborough, Northamptonshire
Turned Pro 1991
Highest Tournament Break 147
- McLeod enjoyed one of the highlights of his career in the 2015/16 season by winning the 2015 Ruhr Open. He beat Ben Woolaston and Jamie Jones on his way to the final, where he defeated China’s Tian Pengfei 4-2 to pick up the €25,000 top prize.
- He also won three matches to reach the last 16 of the China Open where he was eliminated by Alfie Burden.
- In 2011, McLeod enjoyed a terrific run to the last 16 of the World Championship – the first time he had got that far in a ranking event. He beat Kyren Wilson and Mark Davis to qualify and then won his first match at the Crucible 10-6 against Ricky Walden. He then succumbed 13-7 to John Higgins.
- He won the 2011 Magic Moment of the Year award at World Snooker’s awards ceremony for his amazing fluked final black to beat Tony Drago in the Snooker Shoot-Out.
- McLeod was a promising footballer in his youth and supports Liverpool FC. During a break from his snooker career he had spells as hairdresser and pub landlord.