D.O.B. 07 Mar 1985
Turned Pro 2000
Highest Tournament Break 143 - 2008 UK Championship
- Selt reached the quarter-final stage of the opening two events in 2015/16. His run to the last eight of the Australian Open included a fantastic 5-4 win over home favourite Neil Robertson. He eventually bowed out against Martin Gould. Selt won four matches to reach the quarters in Riga, but was eliminated thanks to a 4-3 defeat against Tom Ford.
- The Englishman’s best run of the season came at the 2015 UK Championship, where he won four matches, including a 6-4 victory against Luca Brecel, to reach the quarter-finals. He was beaten 6-1 by Mark Selby.
- Selt’s hopes of reaching the Crucible were ended at the World Championship Qualifiers with an agonising 10-9 defeat against Mitchell Mann.
- He made his first appearance in the final of a professional tournament at the 2014 Lisbon Open. After knocking out the likes of Judd Trump and Barry Hawkins, he was denied the trophy by Stephen Maguire, losing 4-2.
- In 2013, Selt reached the final stages of the World Championship for the first time by edging out Ken Doherty 10-9 in the final qualifying round. He faced world number one Mark Selby at the Crucible and succumbed to a 10-4 loss.
- The 2002 English under-18 runner-up is mentored by snooker legend Stephen Hendry.