D.O.B. 10 Feb 1989
Turned Pro 2007
Highest Tournament Break 143
- Guodong was one match away from reaching the Crucible stages of the 2016 World Championship. He lost 10-6 to compatriot Liang Wenbo at the last 48 stage.
- In an excellent 2014/15 season, Guodong reached the semi-finals of the Australian open, winning three matches before losing to Judd Trump.
- Xiao also came within seconds of winning the one-frame Shoot-Out. He led Michael White by nine points with 30 seconds remaining in the final, only for his opponent to clear up and snatch the title.
- In 2014 he qualified for the World Championship at the Crucible where he narrowly lost out to Ali Carter.
- Xiao reached the quarter-finals of the PTC Grand Finals in Galway in both 2012 and 2013. In the former he beat Dominic Dale and Judd Trump despite playing with a cast on his wrist after breaking his wrist three weeks earlier.
- Possibly his most significant performance to date was reaching the final of the Shanghai Masters. He won eight matches, beating the likes of Stephen Maguire to set up an all-Chinese final with Ding Junhui, eventually losing 10-6.