Lives: Maasmechelen, Belgium
Turned Pro: 2011
- Brecel reached his first ever ranking event final at the 2016 German Masters, winning six matches including a 6-3 defeat of Kyren Wilson in the semi-final, before losing to Martin Gould.
- The talented Belgian was also denied a maiden professional tournament win in the final of the one-frame Shoot-Out, losing out to Robin Hull.
- Brecel enjoyed a great run at the 2015 Welsh Open in Cardiff, reaching the semi-finals. He won five matches, beating the likes of Mark Selby and Ricky Walden before bowing out 6-4 against John Higgins in the semis.
- He underlined his potential at the 2012 UK Championship with a stunning run to the quarter-finals. He won four matches to qualify for the venue, then knocked out Ricky Walden and Mark King to reach the last eight. He then had chances to reach the final four in a tense 6-5 defeat against Shaun Murphy.
- Brecel also made snooker history in 2012 as he became the youngest player ever to reach the Crucible at the age of just 17. He was handed a tough draw against Stephen Maguire, but battled hard in a 10-5 defeat.
- In 2009, he became the youngest ever winner of the European Under-19 Championship, beating Michael Wasley 6-5 in the final in St Petersburg.