D.O.B. 12 May 1977
Lives Larkhall, Glasgow
Turned Pro 1994
Highest Tournament Break 147 - British Open 1999
- 2 Ranking event wins: 2006 World Championship, 2007 China Open
- Dott went on a run to the semi-final of the 2016 German Masters. He won four matches, including a convincing 5-1 victory over fellow Scot Stephen Maguire to reach the last four, but was denied a spot in the final by Martin Gould.
- The 2006 World Champion had to come through a gruelling 53 frames to qualify for the Crucible in 2016. He faced Mark Williams in the last-32, who ended his run in a 10-4 loss.
- Dott showed consistent form for most of the 2014/15 season and finished it ranked 18th in the world.
- He reached the quarter-finals of the Shanghai Masters and the UK Championship. In the latter, Dott scored a notable 6-5 win over Neil Robertson, before losing by the same scoreline to Stuart Bingham.
- In 2010, the Scot reached his third world final, beating the likes of Mark Allen and Mark Selby along the way. He was denied a second world title by Neil Robertson in an 18-13 defeat, which went on into the early hours of the morning.
- Dott amazed the snooker world in 2006, beating the likes of Neil Robertson and Ronnie O’Sullivan to reach the world final against Peter Ebdon. He held his nerve to claim a famous 18-14 victory. The lifelong Rangers fan then got the opportunity to parade the trophy in front of a packed Ibrox stadium.
- The following season he beat the likes of John Higgins, Robertson and O’Sullivan to seal a second ranking title at the China Open.
- Dott had previously appeared in four ranking finals, finishing runner-up to Stephen Hendry at the 1999 Scottish Open and 2005 Malta Cup, to Higgins at the 2001 British Open and to O’Sullivan at the Crucible in 2004.