D.O.B. 11 Sep 1977
Lives Carmarthen, Dyfed
Turned Pro 1994
Highest Tournament Break 147
- 1 Ranking event win: 2003 UK Championship
- 2000 Masters
- Stevens had a difficult season in 2015/16 but did reach the last 32 of the 2016 Welsh Open, where he was defeated by Martin Gould.
- The Welshman went on some impressive runs in 2014/15. He made the quarter-finals of the Australian Open before losing to Xiao Guodong.
- In the 2015 World Championships he won three matches to qualify for the Crucible and then scored a thumping 10-2 win over compatriot Mark Williams in the last 32, before losing against Ronnie O’Sullivan in the next round.
- In 2013 Stevens reached the final of the Haikou World Open in China. Incredibly, he played his first three matches with three different cues. His own one was lost on the flight to China and didn’t arrive until halfway through the event. The Welshman beat the likes of Neil Robertson, Shaun Murphy and Judd Trump on the way to the final where he lost to Mark Allen.
- Stevens has appeared in the World Championship semi-finals five times since 2000. In that year he met countryman Mark Williams in the final and led 13-7 only to lose 18-16.
- He succumbed to another comeback in 2005 when he led Shaun Murphy 10-6 in the World final, before once again finishing on the wrong side of an 18-16 scoreline.
- Stevens has won snooker’s other big two events. In 2000 he won the Masters, beating Ken Doherty 10-8 in the final, and three years later he took the UK Championship title, beating Stephen Hendry 10-8.