Dafabet Scottish Open 2017
Lives: Mellieha, Malta
Turned pro: 1991
- Borg regained a place on the pro tour by coming through Q School in 2016. He beat Alexander Ursenbacher 4-2 in the final round of event two.
- Borg has made two semi-finals, both in front of his home support at the Malta Grand Prix in 1997 and 1998. He was beaten by Scottish world champions John Higgins and Stephen Hendry.
- Malta’s most successful player other than Tony Drago, Borg has enjoyed several spells on the pro circuit.
- He has also had success in the amateur game, winning the European Championships in 2005 and 2006.
- Borg is also a handy player on the blue baize and has represented Malta in the World Cup of Pool alongside Drago.