D.O.B. 12 Jul 1971
Turned Pro 1990
Highest Tournament Break 143 - World Championship (Qrd) 2003
- Lawler has enjoyed a snooker renaissance in his mid-40s and went on a fantastic run at the 2016 China Open, which included a 5-1 win over Kyren Wilson to reach the last 16 where he lost out to Stuart Bingham.
- He beat Bingham and Ali Carter in Reading as he reached the quarter-final of the snooker Shoot-Out where he lost out to eventual runner-up Luca Brecel.
- Lawler’s best performance in 2014/15 came at the Paul Hunter Classic in Germany where he reached the semi-finals, before suffering a narrow 4-3 defeat to Mark Allen.
- The Liverpool player’s first ranking event semi-final in 18 years came at the 2014 German Masters. He won five matches, including a 5-4 win over Mark Davis in the quarter-final.
- After 22 years of trying, Lawler won a professional tournament for the first time at the UKPTC3 in 2012. He beat the likes of Stuart Bingham and Stephen Lee to reach the final in Gloucester, where he defeated Marco Fu to lift the trophy.
- Lawler reached the final of the International Open in 1996, beating Stephen Hendry 5-2 in the second round and winning six matches in all before John Higgins ended his title dream with a 9-3 victory.